Monday, January 30, 2012

Brits Arrested & Deported from U.S. for Twitter Jokes About 'Destroying America & Digging Up Marilyn Monroe'

Arrested, jailed and deported because Homeland Security thought the Brits were coming here to "Destroy America" and 'dig up Marilyn Monroe.'

I am not kidding:

The Department of Homeland Security flagged him as a potential threat when he posted an excited tweet to his pals about his forthcoming trip to Hollywood which read: 'Free this week, for quick gossip/prep before I go and destroy America?'

Despite telling officials the term 'destroy' was British slang for 'party', they were held on suspicion of planning to 'commit crimes' and had their passports confiscated.

'They asked why we wanted to destroy America and we tried to explain it meant to get trashed and party. 'I almost burst out laughing when they asked me if I was going to be Leigh's lookout while he dug up Marilyn Monroe.

Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment